The GT40α built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on
their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24bits/192kHz USB
DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other
analog sources to digital? The GT40α will take you to the podium with
every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40α features a
low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at
24bits/192kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40α includes a
built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to
hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40α features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or
phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of
in this category.
The ADL GT40α (wired with ADL’s Formula 2 cable of course!) brings
Furutech’s signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop
systems, especially with high resolution 24bits/192kHz files, but even
16-bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
GT40α USB DAC Specifications
- USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
- Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
- USB Playback Resolution : 24bits/192kHz (Max)
- USB Recording Resolution: 24bits/192kHz (Max) supports 44.1 /48 /88.2 /96 /176.4 /192 (kHz)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (+/-0.5 dB)
- SN ratio: >90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
- Line Output Level: 5 Vrms
- Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 4.0mV / Line 2Vrms
- Headphone Output Level: 1% THD 1kHz (Max.)
94mW(16 ohm),110mW(32 ohm), 98.6mW (56 ohm), 23mW (300 ohm)
- Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: Erp step2 compliant, 2Wire AC
Input Type, Class II, AC/DC Switching Adaptor output DC 15V / 0.8A / 12W
- Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
- Weight: 650g Approx.The load (Input Impedance) for the ADL GT40α is fixed at 47K ohm for MM and 100 ohm for MC
Maximum Input Level for MM: 4.0mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
Maximum Input Level for LINE: 2Vrms at 1K Hz
(MC input to LINE output gain) => 12dB
(MM input to LINE output gain) => 12dB
GT40α has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones.
We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.