The reference-level LCD-X is an
exciting addition to our LCD planar magnetic headphone collection. The
LCD-X features a newly-developed and processed transducer made of a
thinner and lighter alternative material with new Fazor technology.
Audeze's patent-pending Fazor elements are unique to the LCD-X
and LCD-XC and help guide and manage the flow of sound in the headphone.
The result is improved phase response, greater frequency extension,
smoother frequency response, and remarkable 3D holographic imaging.
The LCD-X transducer is specifically designed to work with a
wide variety of driving sources. From portable players to studio use,
the LCD-X provides high volume without a headphone amplifier even though
all LCD-series products benefit from a high-quality amp.
The LCD-X earcups are made from polished anodized aluminum with
sloped ear pads of either premium lambskin leather or a leather-free
super-suede microfiber fabric. The earpads are designed with
specially-crafted foam offering the proper firmness and acoustic
The technical specifications of the LCD-X are as follows:
- Style: Circumaural - open
- Transducer type: Planar magnetic
- Magnetic structure: Proprietary self-closing design, acoustically transparent
- Magnet type: High-grade Neodymium
- Transducer active diaphragm area: 39.8 sq cm (6.17 sq in)
- Maximum power handling: 15 W (for 200 ms)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): >130 db with 15 W
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 20 KHz, usable high-frequency extension of 50 KHz
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): Less than 1% throughout entire frequency range
- Impedance: 22 ohms, purely resistive
- Efficiency: 96 dB/1 mW
- Optimal power requirement: 1-4 W
- Cable length (both): 2.5 m (8.2 ft)
Each LCD-X comes with: