The CG-10M is a master clock generator that brings out the best performance from USB DACs, network players, CD players and any other kind of device that supports a 10MHz clock input.
New Reference OCXO – an Oven-controlled Crystal Oscillator
Since temperature has a huge effect on accuracy of the crystal oscillator, minimizing temperature changes and maintaining it at an ideal level are extremely important in order to generate an accurate clock signal. The CG-10M employs an innovative oven-controlled crystal oscillator, the TEAC Reference OCXO to reduce oscillation frequency fluctuations caused by temperature changes.
Four gold-plated BNC connectors (50 ohms) are provided to deliver clock signals to multiple devices. Up to four devices that support a 10MHz input may be connected simultaneously, including USB DACs, network players and SA-CD players.
Each circuit in the CG-10M – from the power supply section to the buffer-amp at the output stage, – is completely isolated to prevent cross-interference when multiple devices are connected to the BNC connectors.
By incorporating a buffer-amp into each circuit, no degradation of the signal waveform occurs when the generated clock signal is shared by several devices.
The OVEN STATUS analogue gauge located in the middle of the unit, a TEAC trademark in recent years, shows the stability of the crystal oscillator when in use. As the temperature of the oven that contains the crystal oscillator reaches to the ideal temperature for accurate clock generation, power consumption of the oven decreases and the gauge points to zero, signaling to the user that the digital processing on the connected device is now controlled by an extremely accurate 10MHz clock signal.
The gauge is a backlit-type with a dimmer control (including the ability to completely switch the backlight off).
* The oscillator is usually stable about 2 minutes after the power is turned on. However, at least 10 minutes are necessary for the clock to reach an ideal condition.
Features at a glance
- High-precision "TEAC Reference OCXO" – an ‘oven-controlled’ crystal oscillator
- ±3 ppb frequency temperature characteristics
- ±0.1 ppm frequency precision
- 4 x 10MHz clock output connectors (gold-plated BNCs)
- Completely independent and isolated circuit
- High capacity toroidal-core power transformer
- OVEN STATUS gauge for oscillation stability monitor with dimmable backlight
- Patent-registered ‘Pin-Point’ feet to minimize vibrations*
- Three feet for the perfect support
- Full-metal body to eliminate incoming electromagnetic noise
- Detachable 3-pole IEC power socket
- Compatible with TEAC UD-503 and NT-503 (as of November 2017)
- Compliant with RoHS
- Connectors BNC×４ (gold-plated)
- Output Sampling Frequency 10MHz
- Output Impedance 50Ω
- Output Level 0.5Vrms (sine wave) OCXO (Crystal Oscillator)
- Clock stabilization time 2 minutes
- Frequency temperature characteristics within ± 3ppb (when shipped new)
- Frequency precision within ± 0.1ppm (when shipped new)
- Power US/Canada AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption warming up US/Canada 15.4W stable US/Canada 10.8W Dimensions 11.4”(W)×3.3”(H)×9.8”(D)
- Weight 3.6kg / 7.9 lbs.
- Operating Temperature +5˚C to +35˚C Operating humidity range 5% to 85% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature -20˚C to +55˚C
- Accessories Power cord, Pads×, Owner’s Manual (including Warranty Card)